Thursday 17 January 2013

Border Princes HQ Placement 1: Bretonnians

Ok, the Border Princes Campaign has kicked off and here is the first choice of an HQ territory: I was lucky (or unlucky?) enough to win the first choice for HQ territory with my Bretonnians.  Note that I have coloured the territory blue and have included both an HQ icon (the little castle) designating that this territory is my HQ, and a BANNER icon (Bretonnian Fleur de Lys) to represent my first BANNER.  I will do the same for the other players once they send me an email with their chosen territory number.


For what it's worth I chose TERRITORY 36 as my HQ based on the following considerations:

1. Rules:
We can ONLY choose territories which are on the EDGE of the map, which are PLAINS, FOREST or MOUNTAINS, and which are at least ONE territory away from another player's HQ.

2. Fluff:
What I have so far for my Bretonnians is something like this: Descendants of the Bretonnian crusaders against Araby and Errantry Wars against the greenskins have long made up a good number of the petty feudal rulers here.  Now an advantageous marriage between one of the most eminent crusader lineages and the Ducal family of the Bretonnian duchy of Quenelles has brought a mighty host across the mountains to reclaim the Border Princes for the Lady (and the dowry of a lady).  

Given that the Knights from Quenelles joining the Bretonnians from the Border Princes probably made the arduous journey across the mountains from the north and west.  I chose a plains rather than mountain territory because I imagine the Bretonnians favour lush pastures to feed their prized mounts, and rolling plains which favour their mounted charges!

3. Strategy:

Well, this is really for me to know and my regular opponents to find out :-).  Obviously by choosing my HQ early on I have an advantage in terms of picking the location I want, but those who choose later will have the advantage of seeing where potential friends and foes are and deploying accordingly, so it should even out I think.

What's Next?

Right, that's it - next up Tomb Kings deploy!  The Tomb Kings player should now choose a territory for a starting HQ and then send me an email telling me the number written in that territory.  Fluff around the choice is also welcome :-).  


No comments:

Post a Comment